In addition to the immersive experiences that form the multi-sensory backbone of the day-long showcase, the following programmes took place for the audience to experience the pulse of Singapore’s contemporary creative scene.
• SGMUSO Live Showcase—Steadily partnering Singapore: Inside Out on the road, the musicians reunite at the homecoming stage to present SGMUSO Live Showcase at Singapore: Inside Out.
• Panel discussion ranging from literary, film, music to design from Singaporeans in the scene on what to expect next for the various creative disciplines.
• Ujikaji Records presents Music Rooms Live!—Ujikaji immersive Music Rooms installation was showcased in the various SG:IO stops and only in Singapore, these musicians performed ‘in the flesh’, unveiling the diversity of Singapore’s music scene—from raucous rock to gentle folk and electronica.
Complementing the Singapore: Inside Out showcase were a host of partner events that further widens the viewfinder on Singapore’s creative scene and growing pool of talents.
• As a finale to Singapore’s Golden Jubilee celebrations, Singapore Tourism Board presented the Singapore Takeout—a dining event featuring an impressive line-up of local culinary talents who will put a fresh spin on familiar favourites from breakfast to supper that promises to tease and tantalise your taste buds.
• KEEPERS, a showcase featuring independent designers, artisans and artists-in-residence, curated KEEPERS Play, an event to uncover the hidden stories behind their ideas that transcend the material objects they produce, through the series of interactive talks, workshops and exhibitions.
• To commemorate the homecoming leg of Singapore: Inside Out, Naiise curated a special shop-in-shop at its featuring Singapore-inspired designs, music, literature, food and grooming products, including creations by the artists of Singapore: Inside Out.
• Having accompanied Singapore: Inside Out on its international journey to Beijing, London and New York with its stellar DJs helming the decks at top clubs in each city, Zouk Singapore played host to UK’s finest hip hop producer/DJ Kidkanevil alongside Zouk resident DJ Zushan behind the decks of Velvet Underground Dance.
• Evolution of Craftsmen: Singapore Inspired is the second edition of the CRAFT | Singapore exhibition at the Singapore Visitor Centre (SVC). This immersive installation puts into perspective the evolution of Singapore’s creative industry through a focus on craftsmen who draw upon their personal ties to imbue the Singapore DNA in each of their creations.