Frequently Asked Questions

General Planning


For the purpose of the Event, the event organiser shall at its own cost and expense maintain and/or cause to be maintained insurance policy(ies) with an insurance company duly licensed in Singapore or an international insurance company acceptable to the venue owner (aka “Licensor”). 

The policy(ies) must provide for:

  1. Damage to or loss of property;
  2. Comprehensive general public liability in the sum of not less than S$1,000,000.00 for each and every claim, providing coverage against claims for bodily injury, death, property damage or loss occurring in or upon or resulting from the organisation or holding of the Event, or arising out of the provision of any service by the Licensor and such other insurances that the Licensor may in its sole and absolute discretion require; and
  3. Nominate the Licensor as an insured.

The policy(ies) must include:

  1. a provision  for   waiver    of   subrogation  against   the Licensor;
  2. a provision that  the  liability of the  insurer to  pay  under such  policy   must  not  be  affected  by  the  act,  default, omission  or negligence of any party  to such policy;
  3. the  legal liability of the  Licensee  for  loss or damage to the  Licence Area (including all fixtures and fittings in it), by the  deletion  from  the  policy  of the  relevant exclusion relating to the property in the care, custody  or control  of the Licensee or any employee of the Licensee; and
  4. a cross liability provision so that each of the Licensor and the Licensee  shall  be  considered a  separate and distinct person  and  all  references to  "insured persons" (or  such  similar term) under  the  policy  shall  be considered as applying to each of the  Licensor  and  the Licensee in the  same manner as if a separate policy  had been issued to each of them.

The Licensee must give the Licensor satisfactory documentary evidence of the policy(ies) and the receipt for the premium paid in respect of the policy(ies) at any time immediately on demand.


Other useful information

Fireworks are normally done for large scale national events in Singapore. There are designated areas that you can organise fireworks. Event organisers are advised to contact an approved fireworks vendor for assistance in obtaining the necessary permits with the relevant authorities.

For information on intellectual property in Singapore, visit Intellectual Property Office of Singapore.

  1. You will need to seek permission from the landowner of the location for which you are taking photos of.
  2. Apply with Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) through their online application form.


Yes, as with most countries, there are controlled goods and prohibited items such as firecrackers, chewing gum, reproduction of copyright publications. Please refer to the relevant authorities for more information:

Generally no, if they are not considered ‘Commercial Goods’. For specific enquiry or to obtain more information you can refer to:

+65 6355 2000 (24 HRS)

*Note: This only applies to travellers bringing in the goods by hand, i.e. check-in or hand carry. For freight or shipment, the courier will handle the necessary procedures and advise their clients accordingly.


Please refer to license & permit for the licensing authorities to apply with for various activities you plan to undertake.


  1. GST will need to be paid if items are commercial goods. Custom officers on duty will ascertain upon entry if they are considered ‘commercial goods’.
  2. For more information on GST, visit the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore website.

Yes, if your speaker is a non-resident. You are required to withhold a percentage of that payment and pay the amount withheld to IRAS. The amount withheld is called withholding tax. More information on withholding tax can be found here.

  1. Yes, all goods and services consumed within Singapore are subjected to GST at prevailing rate. Tax rebate may apply for goods purchased in Singapore but to be consumed outside Singapore.
  2. Venue rental can be tax exempted if the attendees are international.
  1. There are different tax requirements, depending if your organisation is considered a non-resident company or not. It is best to obtain professional tax advice from established agencies handling tax matters.
  2. For information on withholding tax (applicable for non-resident companies), please click here.

Request for Proposal

Explore the possibilities and create unforgettable events. Catering to all sizes, connect with us today and our personalised specialists will be ready to help you wherever you are.