- Travellers are advised to follow the Health Protocols and protect yourself and others around you, or risk possible penalties and/or fines
- Travellers will bear all cost of COVID-19 testing and related medical treatment in Singapore
- Travellers may depart Singapore when they are recovered and officially discharged from their Isolation Order and/or tested negative for COVID-19 under the protocols for testing positive on an ART or for Health Risk Warning (HRW)1
Should you feel unwell during self-isolation or SHN
Remain in your room and contact the hotel's front desk or a telemedicine provider2 who will advise you on the next steps and provide medical advice.
Should you feel unwell at any other time
Locate a Swab and Send Home (SASH) clinic at flu.gowhere.gov.sg and arrange for a visit via private transport for a doctor to advise on the next steps.
Should you test positive on a COVID-19 PCR test
- Stay calm, continue to isolate at your Hotel or residential accommodation, and complete the form at go.gov.sg/cplusform
- The Ministry of Health (MOH) will contact you on the recovery procedure.
- If deemed suitable3, recover at your hotel or residential accommodation.
- Discharge will be in 10 days (if fully vaccinated) or 14 days (if unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated).
Should you test positive on an Antigen Rapid Test
If you have taken an ART4 as part of a pre-event test (PET) for example, and the result is positive:
- Pause all activities and isolate at your Hotel or residential accommodation for the first 72 hours.
- Thereafter, take a self-administered ART5 and continue to isolate if the result is positive. Only resume normal activities when you receive a negative ART result.
- If you feel unwell, see a doctor who may advise that you take a confirmatory PCR test. Should you test positive, follow the protocols for testing positive on a COVID-19 PCR test.
Should you be identified by MOH as a close contact of a COVID-positive case
If you receive a HRW via SMS:
- Self-isolate immediately at your hotel or residential accommodation.
- On Day 1, take a self-administered ART5 and submit your result at go.gov.sg/agsubmit
- Only resume normal activities when you have tested negative.
- For the next 7 days, monitor your health and take a self-administered ART5 before going out daily.
- Should you test negative after Day 7, no further test is needed.
- Follow the relevant protocols if you test positive on any of the ARTs3
1Health Risk Warnings (HRW) are issued to persons identified as close contacts of a COVID-positive case on Isolation Order, either based on TraceTogether/SafeEntry records, or being declared a close contact by a COVID-positive case on Isolation Order. If you are identified to be a close contact of a confirmed or suspected Omicron case, you will receive a Quarantine Order instead of a HRW and further instructions will be provided by MOH.
2Refer to https://www.moh.gov.sg/licensing-and-regulation/telemedicine. Should you test positive on a COVID-19 PCR test, please note that you will be assigned a separate telemedicine provider for medical support while you are serving your Isolation Order, and should not reach out to the telemedicine providers on this list.
3By default, travellers should recover in hotels or residential accommodation unless they are 1) partially vaccinated or unvaccinated, aged 50 years and above 2) Vaccinated, aged 80 years and above 3) Children aged below 3 months and children aged 3 months to below 3 years, who have been assessed by a medical professional to be clinically unsuitable to recover at home or in a hotel or 4) Cases confirmed or suspected to be infected with the Omicron variant. These travellers will be advised by MOH to be transferred to an appropriate care facility. Travellers may opt to recover at home if they own a residence in Singapore. Travellers may not check into another hotel for recovery, or change their isolation venues (e.g. transfer hotels) once they have begun isolating. They will only be released upon fulfilling the recovery conditions.
4If you are travelling on the Vaccinated Travel Lane and test positive on one of the mandatory daily ARTs, you should go for a confirmatory PCR test and self-isolate while you wait for your results, instead of isolating for 72 hours.
5Self-administered ART kits can be purchased online or from pharmacies and drugstores around Singapore. Hotels may also carry self-administered kits for purchase. If you test positive on an ART and are self-isolating, you should purchase your ART kits through contactless methods and should not leave your accommodation to do so.
If you test positive and require medical assistance
- Please call MOH COVID-19 General Enquiries Hotline: 1800 333 9999