Merlion 50 User-Generated Content (UGC) Activation
Terms and Conditions
By participating in the Merlion 50 UGC Activation organised by the Singapore Tourism Board ("Activation") which is part of our marketing efforts in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Merlion statue this year, you, the participant ("Participant") hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions, which shall be binding between the Participant, and the Singapore Tourism Board ("STB"):
- You have consented unequivocally to the terms and conditions pertaining to the Activation
- STB must receive the submissions between 24 August 2022, 1200 Hours (Singapore Standard Time) and 15 September 2022, 2359 Hours (GMT +8.00) ("Activation Period"). Selected Participants determined by STB to be eligible to receive Token(s) of appreciation shall be informed by 30 September 2022.
- Participants must satisfy the following eligibility requirements ("Eligibility Requirements").
- This Activation is open to all Singapore citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and international citizens, excluding employees of STB and its associated agencies, advertising, public relations and media agencies, as well as suppliers of the Token(s) of appreciation.
- Persons below the age of eighteen (18) are advised to seek their parents' consent before participating in the Activation. STB reserves the right to not allow participation by any person, at its discretion.
- Each participant is solely responsible for ensuring that participating in the Activation is not illegal or prohibited by the laws or regulations of any country relevant or applicable to the participation.
- STB reserves the right to determine at its sole and absolute discretion whether a Participant has met all the Eligibility Requirements to participate in the Activation, and STB may disqualify any person who does not meet the Eligibility Requirements, has interfered with the Activation process, or is engaged in fraudulent practice. STB will select outstanding entries to be featured on STB's social media platforms at STB's sole and absolute discretion, based on an evaluation of all the consolidated entries.
- Only selected Participants currently residing in Singapore will stand a chance to receive a Token of appreciation for their entry in the Activation.
SUBMISSION CONTENT DETAILS
- All Participant entries must be submitted in the form of video, image and any other mediums, i.e. illustrations, on the Participant's social media account(s), including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and/or to the Activation's dedicated email domain STB_merlion50@stb.gov.sg, as per the Activation's instructions ("Submission Content").
- Participant's social media account(s) must be set to public.
- All Submission Content must include two hashtags: (1) #Merlion50 and (2) #PassionMadePossible according to the criteria of the Activation.
- Submission Content that are entered after the Activation Period will not be considered by STB.
- By submitting the Submission Content, the Participant represents and warrants the following:
- that the Submission Content is an original work, and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright and trademarks), privacy or any other rights of any third party;
- the Participant has obtained the consent of the person(s) identified or referred to in the Submission Content, to use the Submission Content to participate in the Activation, and shall procure the consent of those person(s) for the licence granted, and uses of the Submission Content;
- the Submission Content does not and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, harassing, threatening, and be of such nature that contravenes the laws of any applicable jurisdiction; and
- the Participant will comply with the terms and conditions governing the use of the selected social media platforms, and his participation in the Activation and the posting of the Submission Content does not breach any of the terms and conditions governing the use of the selected social media platforms.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Participant agrees that STB shall not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss, damage, costs and expenses of any kind suffered or incurred as a result of his participation (or inability to participate) in the Activation. The Participant agrees to be liable to and to indemnify STB and its respective employees and agents, in the event any of the foregoing parties suffer or incur any loss, damage, costs or expenses arising from or related to the Participant's acts or omissions in relation to the Activation including, but not limited to, his participation in the Activation, provision of the Submission Content and/or the Participant's breach of any of the terms and conditions set out herein.
- Submission Content which does not meet any of the submission requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions is liable to be rejected. The Participant shall, where requested by STB, and where possible, provide a higher quality of the Submission Content.
- There is no restriction on the number of submissions that each Participant can submit for the Activation. However, only selected Participants will be entitled to receive Token(s) of appreciation at the sole discretion of STB, capped at one Token per person.
- STB assumes no responsibility or liability for any losses arising out of or from: (i) technical issues, system or software failures experienced by a Participant in submitting his submission or accessing the relevant social media platforms; (ii) user errors; (iii) negligent use of the relevant social media platforms; or (iv) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible Submission Content. Proof of sending of Submission Content will not be accepted as proof of receipt of the same.
TOKENS OF APPRECIATION
- Merli merchandise will be given out as Tokens of appreciation ("Token(s)") to selected Participants at STB's sole discretion.
- Selected Participants will be contacted via the mode of Submission Content entry, either as a direct message on the relevant social media platform used by Participant or via the email address used by Participant to enter the Submission Content. In the event that a selected Participant is not contactable within seven (7) calendar days from notification by STB, or a selected Participant rejects or returns the Token(s) for any reason whatsoever, STB shall be entitled at their sole discretion to give the Token(s) to the next available selected Participant and/or surrender the Token(s).
- Token(s) cannot be redeemed as cash, are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except at STB's sole discretion. STB reserves the right to substitute a Token(s)for one of equal or greater value if the designated Token(s) should become unavailable for any reason. Any Token(s) may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the Token(s) supplier. More details on the delivery/collection of the Token(s) will be given to the selected Participants at a later stage.
- STB's determination of the selected Participant and/or decision in all matters arising out of or in connection with this Activation is final, conclusive and binding and no appeal or correspondence will be entertained. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant will not be entitled to any damages or compensation that may arise as a result of such changes or cancellation of the Activation, or any other decision made by STB in connection with the Activation.
- Acceptance of the Token(s) shall constitute the Participant's acknowledgement and agreement to release and hold STB harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the award of, the use or misuse of any Token(s). A Participant assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Activation or use or redemption of any Token(s), except for any death or personal injury to the Participant caused by STB's negligence or fraud.
- The facilitation of delivery/collection of the Token(s) to/by selected Participants will be managed by STB's appointed agency, Bartle Bogle Hegarty ("BBH").
LICENCES AND CONSENTS
- Each Participant agrees to grant to STB a royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, sub licensable and irrevocable licence, their agents, officers or any party authorised by STB, to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, integrate, prepare derivative works of, perform in public, communicate to the public, broadcast and reproduce the Submission Content in whole or in part in or on any and all mediums and platforms for the purpose of promoting Singapore as a tourist destination, including but not limited to, displaying the Submission Content and/or any variation thereof on any of STB's or third party's websites and other online platforms including but not limited to social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, making available to third party(ies) and/or members of the public via the Internet and/or successive technologies for downloading, printing and operating.
- Each Participant agrees to waive any and all moral rights which he may have in or to the Submission Content, as well as waive any right to inspect and/or approve any finished product or usage which incorporates the Submission Content.
- The Participant hereby consents to and agrees that any and all personal data about them that STB collects, including but not limited to names, addresses and/or likeness and online submissions for the Activation, may be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the Activation, and to such persons as may be involved in operating or promoting the Activation including employees, agents, and sub-contractors of STB. For more details, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Activation is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the relevant social media platforms that may be involved.
- STB may at any time vary, modify, add or delete any of these terms and conditions governing the Activation, including but limited to terminating or withdrawing the Activation and/or substituting the Token(s) with any item of equivalent or similar value, without prior written notice.
- In the event the Participant breaches any of the terms and conditions governing the Activation and/or the terms and conditions governing the use of any of the relevant social media platforms, STB shall have the sole right and discretion to immediately disqualify any or all of the Participant's Content Submission without the need to notify the Participant. STB's decision on this shall be final, binding and conclusive and no correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and all Participants and STB hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right to enforce any terms herein pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001.