Get ready for a colourful adventure through Singapore's vibrant art precinct, Bras Basah.Bugis.
Known as the heart and soul of Singapore’s thriving arts scene, the Bras Basah.Bugis neighbourhood encapsulates all things cultural and creative. What makes the area stand out is an interesting mix of heritage sites, art institutions and historic monuments that will fascinate both art lovers and visitors alike. For an experience like no other, set aside a day here for an eclectic itinerary of street food, artsy activities and fine dining, all taking place during the Grand Prix Season Singapore (GPSS) 2017.
1. Knuckles & Notch (8 Sep to 17 Sep)
Channel your inner artist with a printmaking workshop at 1 Knuckles & Notch, a studio specialising in Risograph, a stencil-duplication print technique. Craft and bring home your very own Grand Prix-themed posters or zines in vibrant, fluorescent colours. Sessions are available from 8 to 17 September. Book a slot here.
GPSS exclusive: Race ticket holders get 15% off workshops and a Knuckles & Notch goodie bag worth S$30. Click here to find out more.
2. Artichoke (12 Sep to 16 Sep)
Satiate your comfort food cravings at 2 Artichoke, popular for its hearty Middle Eastern cuisine located at Middle Road. From 12 to 16 September, the restaurant’s chef-owner (and creator of ‘Dudestronomy’), Bjorn Shen, will be whipping up an exclusive dinner menu named ‘Dude, Where’s My Food’. Don’t miss out on mouthwatering and oh-so-sinful bites such as Habibi fries and Cheeseburger Lahmacun. Check out the menu here.
3. CHIJMES (1 Sep to 17 Sep)
It’s impossible to miss this beautiful heritage building in the heart of of the city. Once a Catholic girls’ school, 3 CHIJMES now houses a vibrant cluster of restaurants and bars, complete with neoclassical architecture. You’ll be spoiled for choice at the sheer range of dining options available—from bar bites at Spicy Fingers and modern Australian fine dining at Whitegrass to Japanese teppanyaki restaurant Tatsu and Brazilian barbecue joint Carnivore. Find out more here.
GPSS exclusives—race ticket holders enjoy these special promotions from 8 to 17 September:
1. 10% off all alcoholic beverages at Spicy Fingers
2. 20% off premium spirits or a bucket of five bottles of Tiger Beer at S$50++ at Berlin
3. One-for-one on selected beers, wines, spirits and cocktails at Whitegrass, valid in the alfresco bar area only
4. A free dinner buffet for every fourth guest when accompanied by three paying adults at Carnivore Brazilian Churrascaria, valid from 14 – 16 Sep only
5. 10% off sake by the bottle (720ml) at Tatsu
6. Two bottles of sake (720ml) at 30% off at The Modern Izakaya, valid only with two bottles of sake ordered
7. Harry’s Premium Lager at S$10++ at Harry’s Bar, valid from 1 – 17 Sep only
8. One-for-one main course at Coriander Leaf; the complimentary dish to be the item of lower value. Promotion is only valid if patron presents race pass before placing the order.
9. One-for-one on wine of the month at S$19++ per glass at Indochine CHIJMES
10. 20% off on food at Anglo-Indian Café & Bar
11. 50% off all flights under “The Single Cask Experience”
4. CocoIchibanya (8 Sep to 17 Sep)
Spice things up at Japanese curry house, 4 Coco Ichibanya. Here, you can customise your very own curry rice meal with your choice of meat, vegetables, and toppings right down to how much rice, curry and spiciness you prefer. Then dig in and enjoy!
GPSS exclusive: Race ticket holders enjoy 10% off their total bill from 8 to 17 September. Find out more here.
5. JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach (1 Sep to 17 Sep)
5 JW Marriott Hotel is going all out this race season with plenty of exclusive GPSS deals. Relish a specially curated omakase set menu at modern Japanese restaurant Akira Back, complete with complimentary sake, or indulge in a scrumptious brunch buffet at Beach Road Kitchen. But that’s not all—come sundown, treat the squad to classic cocktails at the industrial chic Court Martial Bar, craft beers and wines at the eclectic gastropub Media Bar, or premium gin cocktails at Tonic. Take your pick here.
GPSS exclusives—race ticket and GPSS event guide holders enjoy these special promotions:
1. Akira Back’s Omakase set at S$188++ per person. (1-17 September)
2. Free-flow champagne, Martinis and Bloody Marys at Beach Road Kitchen’s Sunday brunch buffet. (3, 10 and 17 September, from 12pm – 3pm)
3. Court Martial Bar’s specially curated cocktail available at S$15++ per glass (1 to 17 September), two Negroni cocktails at $30++ at Tonic (1 to 17 September), and 15% off all bottled beer at Media Bar. (from 6pm onwards on 7 and 14 September)
6. Marché Mövenpick Raffles City (8 Sep to 17 Sep)
Take a break from the race action and refuel in the cosy surrounds of 6 Marché Mövenpick Raffles City. From 8 to 17 September, dig into authentic European fare like German and Bavarian platters, wood fired pizza, and ice cold German beer, with exclusive race dining deals starting at only S$10.90++ for selected menu items and S$14.50 for German beer. Click here to find out more.
7. Swissôtel The Stamford (15 Sep to 17 Sep)
Take the partying up—way up!—at Singapore’s tallest hotel, 7 Swissôtel The Stamford, during the GPSS weekend from 15 to 17 September. Tuck into a special seven-course feast at Michelin-starred fine-dining restaurant JAAN, and then gear up for an incredible night at the newly-opened Bar Rouge Singapore 71 floors above the city!
GPSS exclusive: Race ticket holders get 25% off Bar Rogue cover charge, and a complimentary glass of Champagne when they dine at JAAN on Saturday and Sunday. Click here to find out more.
8. Wok ’n’ Stroll (8 Sep to 17 Sep)
Munch your way through the adjacent 8 Kampong Glam precinct with local food tourist guide, Wok ’n’ Stroll. From sweet Kuehs (bite-sized snacks or desserts) to savoury Nasi Padang (white rice served with a choice of meat and vegetable dishes), you will get to indulge in some of the most authentic Malay and Indian Muslim food in Singapore. Discover the exotic local ingredients that go into each dish, and catch local chefs and hawkers at work! Tours are available from 8 to 17 September—book a spot here.
GPSS exclusive: Race ticket holders get 10% off every tour.
9. Parkview Square ATLAS (16 Sep)
Revel in utmost glamour at Parkview Square’s Art Deco-inspired restaurant and bar, ATLAS. Besides checking out the establishment’s well-stocked 9 ATLAS Gin and Champagne Collections (think over 950 labels of gin), do make time for a hearty European dinner by Executive Chef Daniele Sperindio.
GPSS exclusive: Enjoy an exclusive race-inspired welcome drink at the ATLAS Peregrination Night on 16 September. Find out more here.